Tuesday 7 January 2014

What's going on?

Well, obviously given the time away from the blog I suppose it would be good practice to wish everybody a very merry christmas, and also a very happy new year...



Now we've got that out of the way I would like to announce that I've finally (after many years of lusting after a new one) purchased myself a new computer, or rather all the parts for a new computer that I intend to put together myself. The specs are as follows;

Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
1GB PNY Nvidia Quadro K600
960GB Crucial M500 2.5" SATA III
ASRock Z87 Extreme6, Intel Z87
650W Akasa Cobra, Hybrid Modular
Intel Xeon E3-1270 v3, S 1150, Haswell
2 x 1TB Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD

Once it's up and running it should be pretty rapid given that my current home PC is running on an old E6600. Then there's the laborious task of installing all of my 3d/graphics/music software and the myriad of plugins that are required.

In other news, I've long been following Juraj Talcik on the cgarchitect, Ronen Bekerman & Chaos Group forums as his posts are often informative, opinionated (and why not?) and his imagery along with his production partner Veronika Demovicova is often nothing short of superlative. More importantly you should definitely check out some of Veronika's new modelling tutorial videos over here on vimeo

I am working on a few bits & pieces behind the scenes that I will eventually post here, keep watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment